Sunday, April 1, 2007

Gene Chapman Withdaws Candidacy


Gene Chapman has withdrawn his candidacy effective March 29, 2007. He had announced his candidacy in July 2006. Most of his focus was on the Libertarian Party, although he billed himself as a multi-party candidate.

Chapman was probably best known as one of the "two whackjobs" described in a now-infamous blog post by Jacqueline Paisley Passey, who rated Chapman as her last choice for the Libertarian nomination, even behind a man she described as an "incoherent whackjob" and "none of the above".

His announcement is as follows:

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Posted 3/29/2007 08:34:00 PM by Gene
Greetings,

I've carried the ball as far down field as I can. With 4 jobs and school starting in June, along with not having a truck to carry me to presidential debates, I see no way to continue the campaign.

I've withdrawn from the race and have my sights on the Class Action Materials and operating under the redar toward the Tribulation Period. I've deleted all the websites relating to the campaign.

If there were a following for our ideas, it would have already show itself in the form of a donation.

God Bless you,

Gene Chapman
genechapman@hotmail.com
Chapman's campaign blogs have been deleted. His main blog at www.genechapman.blogspot.com, however, appears to still be in use.

No comments: